An Update of Recent Tax Changes Due to Coronavirus
- 2019 Personal tax returns do not need to be filed until 7/15/20.
- 2019 taxes due, as well as 1st quarter estimated tax payments, are not due until 7/15/20.
- NOTE: 2nd quarter estimated tax payments are still currently due on 6/15/20!
- 2019 IRA & HSA payments can be made as late as 7/15/20.
- The IRS has added a special coronavirus page to its site if you need more information: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- For those in Ohio, the Ohio legislature will be meeting today to consider changing the Ohio tax filing date. It currently remains at 4/15/20.
For more CPA “insider information,” you are welcome to check out this article from WesternCPE.com.